Stuart R. Friedman is one of The Fink Law Firm P.C’s Of Counsel attorneys. Mr. Friedman was a trial attorney for a large, prestigious plaintiff’s personal injury law firm for 12 years. He began his career as a judge’s law assistant and thereafter tried cases for various negligence defense firms for nearly 10 years. His areas of focus have been premises liability, construction site accidents, products liability, motor vehicle accidents, municipal liability, negligent security and lead poisoning.
Since 2007, Mr. Friedman has assisted companies based in Israel, including a bio-tech drug development firm and legal outsourcing companies, where he served one as team leader for 25 attorneys. He was also the managing attorney for a law firm with offices in New York and New Jersey. In addition to his extensive experience in motion and appellate practice, Mr. Friedman has participated in a number of large pharmaceutical and medical device litigations, including actions against the makers of the DePuy ASR, the recalled metal on metal hip; Actos – the diabetes drug blamed for causing bladder cancer; IVC Cook – the inferior vena cava filter charged with causing blood clots; Xarelto – the blood thinner which plaintiffs assert causes bleeding. He reviewed many thousands of pages of documentary discovery files to locate key records showing corporate misconduct and product failures.
- J.D., Western New England College School of Law, 1982
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1978
- Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Division, 2d Dep’t – 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York – 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York – 1988
- “No-Fault Update: The Battle Over New Rule 68,” The Review, Vol. 4, No.3, p.3 (2000)
- “Negligent Security: Renewed Hope for Assault Victims,” The Review, Vol. 4, No.2, p. 5 (1999)
- “An Alternative to the Eroded Exclusionary Rule – Federal Rule of Evidence – 608(b),” 4 Western New England Law Review 133 (1981)